Information We Collect From You
- Purchase information: We collect the following information when you place a Pre-Order on our Site: your name, billing address, credit card information and any other information necessary to process your Pre-Order.
- Survey or Questionnaires: We may also collect information directly from you if you choose to complete our surveys or questionnaires (either online or paper), including your name, email address, the type of work you do with Kniterate and/or demographic information such as your age, location and interests.
- Emails and Other Communications: We may also collect information from you if you respond to our email inquiries or communicate with us via social media.
- Automatically and From Third Parties: We collect information about all visitors to our Site through cookies and other tracking devices. Please see the section below entitled “What About Cookies” for additional information.
Using Your Information
We may use the information that we collect about you, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- to fulfill and process your Pre-Order;
- to respond to requests or inquiries from users, to communicate with users about their use of our products, and for other customer-service-related purposes;
- to send Kniterate marketing, research and promotional emails to users;
- to carry out marketing and promotional activities, such as surveys;
- to carry-out and/or enforce a transaction or agreement with a user;
- to improve our Site and our products and to better understand how users access our Site and use our products, on an aggregated and individualized basis.
Opting Out of Email Communications
If you no longer want to receive marketing, research and promotional email messages from us, you may unsubscribe through the link in the email or by sending us an email at email@example.com. You will still receive emails from us regarding your Pre-Orders.
Sharing Your Information
We may disclose information about you to the following bodies and for the following reasons:
- Service Providers: We may share information with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents that provide support services to us or perform functions on our behalf, such as the companies that host our Site; deliver, ship or fulfill Pre-Orders for our products, provide payment processing or e-commerce services, provide email marketing services, administer surveys, contests and promotions on our behalf, or help us market our products and services. We provide those companies with information so that they may provide services for us or perform functions on our behalf, and we do not authorize these companies to use your information for any other purposes.
- In Response to Legal Process: We may disclose the information we collect from you if permitted or required by law, to comply with state and federal laws, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena or search warrant.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- Social Media: We have a presence on various social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. These platforms provide us with anonymized and aggregated demographic and use information, including page impressions, “Likes,” traffic links and page views, which we use to improve our marketing efforts.
Other Tracking Technologies
- Pixel Tags: This Site uses pixel tags from Facebook. These tags provide information about e.g. a user’s patterns of activity on the Site, IP address, time of visit, and so on. This information can be used by Kniterate and/or Facebook to help target Kniterate’s advertising. You can read more about Facebook’s Pixel Tag policies here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies
- Third-Party Advertisers: The technologies described above are commonly used by third party advertisers such as Facebook to collect information about a user to target ads on their own platform more directly. Kniterate is not responsible for their use of the information they are able to collect on this Site using these technologies. You may learn more about the way information is collected and what choices you have here: http://www.aboutads.info/choices. You may also read the privacy policies of these third party advertisers and advertising services.
- Updating Your Information: Kniterate provides you with the ability to review, correct and delete the personal information that you have provided to us; If you wish to review, correct or request the deletion of any information that you have provided to us, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Security: We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect our Site. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time.
- Children Under 13: We do not knowingly collect information from persons under 13. If we learn that we have received information from children under 13 years of age, we will delete such information.
- International visitors: This Site is hosted in the United States and subject to United States law. If you are accessing the site from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.