K-code and/or API details

Home Forums Main Forums K-code and/or API details

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by GIS GIS 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

sander
    Participant

In the newsletter, I read about the forum being online now, that’s great!

Do you have an update regarding the documentation of the K-code file format or API? I expect some of our users at Stitch Fiddle would love an integration with Kniterate.

#857 Score: 1
    Gerard Rubio
    Gerard Rubio
    Keymaster
    19 pts

Hi sander, thanks for joining us!

We are still fine-tuning the machine and its firmware so K-code is subject to changes. We will share more information about it further down the line, first with the members of the community that have pre-ordered Kniterate and then publicly once the first machines are shipped.

Regards,
    gerard

Valio
    #3028 Score: 0
    Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Hi, can you elaborate as to what K-code is? I’d like to research further and begin learning what is necessary to design with your system. I understand you will launch with template-based software, but it’s unclear to me what level of customized design will be possible.

Best,
    Tom

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by Tom Tom.
    #3266 Score: 0

regus
    Participant

Any update on k-code and/or API release? I am looking to buy a knitting machine that I would be able to generate input files for, so knowing the file format is a prerequisite for me.

#3267 Score: 1

jesspeter
    Participant
    1 pt

Not a Kniterate employee, but I noticed some specs have been published here.

Tom
    #3268 Score: 0

regus
    Participant

Useful, thanks!

#3269 Score: 0
    Gerard Rubio
    Gerard Rubio
    Keymaster
    19 pts

Hi all,

@Tom a description of k-code can be found on @jesspeter‘s link (thanks for sharing that!)

I must say the language has evolved since we posted that, to be much more flexible and consistent. It follows a similar logic but the grammar has changed significantly. We will share more details during the shipment of the first units.

We will offer templates on the design app to facilitate its use but at some point, you’ll be able to create your own shapes and stitches from scratch, having full control of every aspect of the design.

@regus
    Currently, we have no plans for an API. We are focusing only on building the design app and once it is fully functional and reasonably bug-free, we will study other options.

Thanks,
    gerard

#3919 Score: 0
    GIS
    GIS
    Participant
    6 pts

Are you able to share new details re the KCode and the API please. Thank you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.