Pockets and Button Holes

Home Forums Main Forums Pockets and Button Holes

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Katie333
    Participant
    3 pts

Hi
    Can the Kniterate knit button holes?

Also is it possible to add pockets using a Linker?

Thanks,

Katie

Jitters14
    #12222 Score: 0
    Anne KellnbergerAnne Kellnberger
    Participant
    23 pts

Hi @Katie333

Buttonholes are just slits in the knit. Yes, that’s possible.

I assume adding a pocket to a slit with a linker. That’s also possible.

Thanks
    Anne

#12235 Score: 0
    Katie333
    Participant
    3 pts

Hi Anne
    Thanks that is very helpful.
    Also do you recommend any Linker brands and places to buy a Linker?
    Katie

#12242 Score: 1
    Anne KellnbergerAnne Kellnberger
    Participant
    23 pts

If you’re interested in domestic linkers, there’s just one brand I know from the UK called ‘Hague’. There might be some older domestic linkers on Ebay as well but most of them don’t get manufactured anymore.

Industrial linker are bigger and more expensive but also have more power (I prefer them). There’s an Italian brand called ‘Complett’.

Best wishes
    Anne

GIS
    #12266 Score: 0
    Katie333
    Participant
    3 pts

Thanks Anne! will look for the Hague for now.

#13099 Score: 0
    Dodel
    Participant

I have the hogue it works great.

#13215 Score: 0
    Doublektw
    Participant
    19 pts

Anne, when you have time (ha ha) it would be great showing the complete ‘process’ of a screen on the design app showing where none-knitting takes place graphically, then this being Kniterated and finally attaching a pocket on a linker… the whole process beginning to end.
    I can dream at least or I can do it on my own as an experiment and future share the results! I suspect though with your months of Kniterate experience now you could whip this out easily!

#13975 Score: 0
    marianmarian
    Participant
    1 pt

Twice that Doublektw said. Would be nice to see a side-by-side comparison of two finished products, the one with a pocket attached with traditional methods and the other with a pocket attached on a linker. Can’t find anything, unfortunately. I guess, when you use a linker the stitch is completely invisible?

#13978 Score: 0
    Gerard RubioGerard Rubio
    Keymaster
    51 pts

Hi @doublektwgmail-com @marian,

Our software is not currently at a stage where you can easily make pockets, we haven’t prioritized this feature. We are planning to work on this later this year.

Also, due to the current lockdowns, we are unable to access our office machine so we can’t produce any samples at the moment. We hope to be in a better position to produce new samples once the situation goes back to normal.

When you use a linker, usually the stitch is visible from the inside of the fabric, this way the joint looks neater from the outside.

Thank you for your patience,
    gerard

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.